Thursday, May 12, 2005

Piling on Saletan

Wow! I think I was the first to post on William Saletan's Slate article on the Kansas Kangaroo Court. Since then it seems like everyone has offered their two cents. Here's a list of bloggers that I could find that had something to say about Saletan's ignorance (in no particular order). Call it the "Carnival of the Saletan Haters."
  1. evolgen - Saletan Fails the Test
  2. Pharyngula - Saletan and Engbers…aw, heck. I never cared much for Slate, anyway.
  3. Sci Am Perspectives - Wipe this slate clean
  4. Evolutionblog - Despair
  5. Evolving Thoughts - The ID Know Nothing Party
Please suggest any other blog entries in the comments section.

I've also found an article Saletan published three years ago on Intelligen Design. He closes with:
That, in a nutshell, is ID. It offers no predictions, scope modifiers, or experimental methods of its own. It's a default answer, a shrug, consisting entirely of problems in Darwinism. Those problems should be taught in school, but there's no reason to call them intelligent design. Intelligent design, as defined by its advocates, means nothing. This is the way creationism ends. Not with a bang, but with a whimper.
Well, at least he knows that ID is a sham. Now, how does he explain his drivel yesterday?

2 Comments:

At 2:16 PM, Blogger Mike the Mad Biologist said...

A post on my blog, Mike The Mad Biologist, titled "Pundits and Experts" also rips Saletan.

 
At 10:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please let me add my comments on Saletan to pile: The Intelligent Design Controversy, Part 3 (Rick Santorum’s monkey business).

As I link to some of the recent ID challenges, you can also test Saletan's predictions versus reality.

You've got a great site, btw.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home